Expanded metal is made by cutting and ironing the sheet metal. It creates a diamond-shaped opening in the metal sheet and this shape allows the free flow of air, light and fluids. Expanded metal can be generated from a sheet of any solid metal, like aluminum, stainless steel, galvanized steel, titanium, or copper. As mentioned the expanded metals make diamond-shaped opening which is very versatile and is a commonly used product in multiple platforms, such as walkways, conveyor belts, railway fences and many others. One of the features it has is that it is retrofittable. It can be retrofitted to existing gratings, floors or diamond sheets. This is a cost-effective solution in many areas.
Types of Expanded Metal
Expanded metal is an economical and versatile product. It is one of the major components in various sectors because of its durable nature. It is that material that serves multiple purposes. It is easy to work with and provides low wind resistance. The diamond-shaped trusses of expanded metals have strands and bonds that add strength and rigidity. The expanded Metal sheet has different profiles-
- Standard Expanded Sheet– It is a finished product as first its cut and expanded, then it comes off the press. This type is referred to as raised expanded metal, because of the alternating ridges that is formed by the overlapping of metal strips.
- Flattened Expanded Sheet- When a standard expanded sheet is cold rolled, with a flat, smooth surface, then it is termed as a flattened expanded sheet. This sheet is 5 % lighter as compared to the standard expanded sheet.
- Expanded Metal Grating- The expanded sheet manufactured from carbon steel or plate. The expanded metal grating has no welds or joints, as the sheet is a single piece of sturdy steel. It is widely used and is perfect for catwalk and platform applications.
Let’s talk about the use of expanded metals in various industries
- Construction Industry- Expanded metal can be used as a durable material in construction. It is used for the construction of fences, walkaways, and grids. It is a very robust material. The small openings have made it possible for it to pass through water, air and light. The protruding edges of expanding metals promote greater adhesion making it a suitable material for walkways or drainage covers. This metal is used in the construction industry as metal strips. This metal strip helps in supporting elements like plaster, stucco or adobe in walls and some other structures.
- Modern Architecture- This is widely used in the field of modern architecture. Expanded metal or a steel wire mesh is transformed into simple, or ornamental decorative forms. It can be used in creating, a photographic image on the surface creating textures or large graphic images that allow the light to penetrate or filter through the external surface of a building.
Expanded Metal Manufacturers in Delhi
There are many expanded metal manufacturers in Delhi. They focus entirely on understanding the needs of the customer rightly and delivering the work in a way that can guarantee customer satisfaction. Mentioned below is a list of manufacturers-
- PrabhuKirpa Enterprises, Bawana Sector 5 Delhi
- Damodar Perforators, Kucha Pati Ram, Chawri Bazar, Delhi
- Varsa Wire Netting India, Main Road, HauzQuazi, Delhi
- Wire Netting Stores, Main road, Chawri Bazar, Delhi
- Shri TapodhaniAluminium Trading Company, Paharganj Delhi
- Tiger Wire Mesh Mfg Co, Sirkiwalan Delhi, next to Khasi Police station
Micromesh manufacturers in Delhi
These are the known micro-mesh manufacturers in Delhi that give you results within the given time limit without any drop in the overall quality. These utilize the most proven methods and keeps offer services ay the best market price. They have been in this business from quite a long time and operate by keeping in mind the quality and customer satisfaction. Mentioned below is a list of Micromesh manufacturers of Delhi-
- Micro-Mesh India Pvt Ltd, Shalimar Bagh Delhi.
- Gupta Metal Mesh, Ajmeri Gate Delhi.
- Varada Manufacturing Co, Chawri Bazar, Bazar Sirkiwalan, Shah Ganj, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi.
- Bharat wire netting works, PhatakKaror, Ajmeri Gate, Delhi.
- Jai Shree Wire Products, HauzQazi, ChandniChowk, Bazar Sirkiwalan, Lal Kuan Bazar, Old Delhi, New Delhi.